Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Beware, this is gg to be lengthy post which i would be grumbling and grumbling!!

Things hasn't been gg well for me today. Firstly, my whole morning was spent in and out of meetings and conference call, planning and arranging for a last min audit engagement. Guess what, I thought that I am out of Company A’s audit for good. This year’s audit was a huge disaster due to their XXX status and after closing the job, I was damn relieved. Tot I can leave this job for the rest of my life!! But guess what.. its back to haunt me!! They are having this last min engagement that need us to do a 7 and a half mth’s group consol audit in just 8 days! A normal audit for this size would require us at least a team of 6-8 people (excluding manager and partner) and a month to complete. But now they only gave us 8 days and we don't have available staffs, thus the team that we have put together in such a short notice, comprises of seniors, AM, managers and our partner. How cool can that be..imagine doing audit field work with your partner (partner is our big boss, ie the highest ranking person on that job who would sign off the audit report)..lol..and we have charged the client a good 6 figures sum! Good job right…8 days to earn this amount of money..haha. But hai, most likely my weekends would be burnt and we don't get to pocket this 6 figures sum.

Secondly, met Lynn, Law’s cousin for lunch. She is my financial adviser for my CPF. Hai..just learnt from her that my investment funds have been dropping and dropping and dropping…my initial investment currently are only left with approximately 40% L thus did a switch to another fund to safekeep whatever is left. My shares hasn't been doing very well either due to the recent financial turmoils..hai…a really bad time to face a financial crisis now especially when we are preparing for our wedding.

Thirdly, my whole afternoon was spent rushing for the announcement of Company B and there are damn many mistakes lah! See until I blur..then received a call from Joy. Suppose to meet her for an interview together with Law tonight (becos of this, Law has to change his working shift), but she has a last min meeting, thus our interview has been cancelled!

The only good thing that happens today is that, because the interview is cancelled..me and law can enjoy our dinner properly. Suppose to meet Law for dinner this fri (his off day), but becos Company A is treating us for dinner (which I so not looking fwd to it), we have no choice but MUST attend at all cost…thus wont be able to meet him anymore.
Hai…hope tomolo would be a better day.

0 comments: