Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Homophobia

I am the girl kicked out of her homebecause I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.

I am the prostitute working the streetsbecause nobody will hire a transsexual woman.

I am the sister who holds her gay brothertight through the painful, tear-filled nights.

We are the parents who buried our daughterlong before her time.

I am the man who died alone in the hospitalbecause they would not let my partner oftwenty-seven years into the room.

I am the foster child who wakes upwith nightmares of being taken away fromthe two fathers who are the only lovingfamily I have ever had.I wish they could adopt me.

I am one of the lucky ones, I guess.I survived the attack that left me in acoma for three weeks, and in another yearI will probably be able to walk again.

I am not one of the lucky ones.I killed myself just weeks beforegraduating high school.It was simply too much to bear.

We are the couple who had the realtorhang up on us when she found out we wantedto rent a one-bedroom for two men.

I am the person who never knows whichbathroom I should use if I want to avoidgetting the management called on me.

I am the mother who is not allowed to evenvisit the children I bore, nursed, and raised.The court says I am an unfit mother becauseI now live with another woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor whofound the support system grow suddenly coldand distant when they found out my abusivepartner is also a woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who hasno support system to turn to because I am male.

I am the father who has never hugged hisson because I grew up afraid to showaffection to other men.

I am the home-economics teacher whoalways wanted to teach gym untilsomeone told me that only lesbians do that.

I am the man who died when the paramedicsstopped treating me as soon as theyrealized I was transsexual.

I am the person who feels guilty becauseI think I could be a much better personif I didn’t have to always dealwith society hating me.

I am the man who stopped attendingchurch, not because I don’t believe,but because they closed their doors to my kind.

I am the person who has to hide whatthis world needs most, love.

Repost this, homophobia is wrong.

Author Unknown

0 comments: