Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

We said our farewell

Last day of the wake was yesterday. Later on we r gg fetch her to your new home @ Garden of Remembrance. The wake even thought was a very short affair of 3 days but it's very peaceful, calming n serene. Unlike a Chinese wake where its very loud and lots of chanting to prepare the deceased for the afterlife, a christian funeral is instead a celebration of the deceased's life. To Christian, the belief of death is merely a reunion with god. It's the ending of suffering n returning to god's side for good n comfort. A Chinese custom on the other hand believes tat after a person dies, he or she will go to hell n receive punishment for the sins tat was committed when alive n priest has to do prayers n chanting to make it better. During the service, my aunt n uncle gave a short speech of my granny's life account. Nv knew tat my granny was so sporting n cheeky when young :) got to know her more thru the speech.




A very simple, pure n serene setting




During dinner on the 2nd night, I scooped a bowl of red bean soup for granny n put it in front of her. I just put it there n when I wanted to walk away, my big granny reprimand me for not "asking" my granny to eat. Lol then I needa say "Ma, sei hong dao sa." It means asking granny to drink the red bean soup in Cantonese. Then in the middle of the night, I saw this








A moth resting/eating the red bean soup... Could it be?? Hope so...

Cremation was at mandai. Atmosphere was calm n serene too. Unlike when at Bright Hill temple where it's noisy, rush n crowded, mandai is peaceful and quiet. At first I would expect that when the coffin was pushed for burning, I would cry like hell. But I guess it's how the whole ceremony was carried out. Even thought I was devastated but it's not as hurting n sad as I thought it would be. Maybe it's the belief. The burning is merely an empty shell which serve no purpose anymore. Granny's soul has been set free n her spirit will forever be with us in our heart.

My greatest comfort is that I m with her till the very end, stroking her shoulder, accompanying her and assuring her to let go. She was not alone when she left us. She was in the company of her son b grand-daughters.
< /font>
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments: