Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bb Skyler has arrived

Finally after the long wait, Bb Skyler has finally decided that he has enough of my womb and wanna come out. Haa, i was still afraid that i might need to induce him out. But luckily my boy decided to be punctual and came out exactly on his EDD. Here is my birth story:

Started feeling mild contractions ard 8am on 24th Jul. At that time, it was 8 mins apart and feels like mild mense cramps. Since i have a gynae apptm that same morning, i wasnt too concern about it.

Did CTG at Dr Yam's clinic and confirmed that my contractions was at 8 mins apart. Also did the VE check and found out that i was alr abt 3-4cm dilated. Dr Yam asked me to go home to wait and if nothing happens by the next morning, i am to check into MAH to get my waterbag broken so as to trigger labour.

At night, i joined my family and attended Charlene's farewell party (she is gg to UK to study for 5 yrs) at Orchard Hotel. I took this opportunity to eat all i want before starting my confinement and that includes lots and lots of cold water!!!! Also ate a big bowl of durian puree!! Yummy..i am so missing it now!!!! (*hint - anyone wanna buy me durian when visiting? Heehee) Towards the end of the dinner, i can feel that my contractions are getting more intense and frequency has increased too. By 11pm, contractions became 5 mins apart. Called hubby to chase him to come home quickly (he was working and has got function at his outlet that night). By 2 am, checked into MAH. Was weighed and directed to Delivery Suit 3. Nurse did VE and found out that i was 6 cm dilated. Was given the "medicine" to clear bowels. By 3+am, i couldnt take it anymore and asked for epi..nurse checked and said i was abt 7-8cm dilated, too late for epi. On one side i was happy that i was too late for epi, at least that forces me to go all the way natural but on the other hand, the pain was killing me! I was telling hubby if this labour is gg to drag for another 3-4 hrs, i think i could die from the pain..lol... By 4am, i couldnt take it anymore and asked for the "laughing" gas. Hmm..it didnt really help much actually, so i was given penciline, a painkiller that was given via injection into the thigh. This also didnt help much. And so, the pain goes on until 5+am when i have the urge to push. I always read this "urgue to push" in the internet but not sure wat it meant. Now i know..its really like when u r having stomache while doing ur bowels n during those contractions, u involuntarily wanna push. As Dr Yam is on his way, nurse asked me to resist pushing..but i tell u, thats really quite impossible to control! Imagine all tat pain n still must control not to push... but anyway, Dr Yam reached ard 5+am~6am, so by then i was allowed to push!! This goes on for almost an hr n Dr Yam knowing tat i was exhausted from all tat pain n pushing decided to help me via vacuum. Thus bb Skyler was borned on 25th Jul 2010 at 645am, weighing 3.3kg.

Ta-da! Freshly delivered

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across your blog when searching for birth story, i'm giving birth soon so wanna know what to expect haha. Got a couple of questions. As for the medicine to make us clear bowel, the brand is it Centa Enema or Fleet Enema? And the procedure is it very uncomfortable? Thanks for your help:) Happy New Year!