Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

My juniors

As this is my first yr being a senior, so its my first time coaching someone new. Its really an eye opener when you can see how dumb someone can be..opps...sorry for being so cruel..but its truth. I dun think we gave our seniors such hard times when we were 1st year auditors. Maybe its different culture and they are not used to our working style? My new batch of juniors came from all over asia. We have ppl from Malaysia, Indonesia, China and Shanghai with most of them being Australia Grads. They cant even follow simple instructions and would do exactly the things that u tell them NOT to do. That is something which i just dun get it. Whats so hard in not doing what you are told not to do? Come on..they are university graduates...if they cant follow instructions, then i dunno who can...

I have this particular junior (an Indian who graduated from Australia), lets call him P working under me for the past one week (which he would be continuing working under me for the next 2 weeks...god help me). He has the mentality that becos he work late the previous night, he can come late for work today. I tried telling him thats not how we work in Singapore, but then, liked i said, he just cant follow instructions. Law keep saying this to me, "You got to delegate more work to them, so you wont be crush by your work load and at the same time they can learn to do the work also." But then...the problem is..it would be more time consuming if i delegate the work and he made a mess out of it and at the end of the day, i got to spend more time re-doing what he has already done...and time is something which we cant afford right now...sigh..how i miss the time when i was still a carefree junior...

Tomorrow i would be starting yet another job with another new junior (this time from China). Lets pray that this one would be better.

1 comments:

Jacelyn said...

Hahha..hopefully...and hope that i wont be dead by then.