Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Site Visit

Done a site visit at my client's plant yesterday. Its at Jurong Island and its my first time there. Hee…it was like a secondary school excursion and I was quite excited about it. However, the taxi uncle wasn’t too happy when we told him we are going to Jurong Island. He was complaining all the way there, saying how out of the way that place is. And when we reached there, he asked in a very rude tone:

Taxi uncle, “Where is the company?”

Me, “Not sure, this is my first time here.”

Taxi uncle, “You dunno how to go and I also dunno how to go then how!”

I was like, WTF!! He being the taxi driver who doesn’t know how to go to the place and still dare to shout ard. I can understand that he is not familiar with the place cos its at Jurong Island, but then shouldn’t he be more humble and ask around instead of blaming me for not knowing how to go there!! Duhz…super bad attitude. In the end, it was me who went to ask the guard at the custom on the direction there. That stupid uncle just cant be bothered!!

Anyway, after that drama, we still managed to reach the plant on time. The main purpose of doing the site visit is to ascertain that the plant is physically there and also to better understand their chemical manufacturing process and maintenance work done. The plant is smaller than I expect and we must wear protective glasses and those white helmets when within the premise of the plant. Looks so pro right .. haha. The maintenance coordinator (aka our tour guide) brought us around and started explaining the whole chemical process to us. Hmm..i am accounts/finance trained…not a chemist loh. Half the time I dunno what he is talking about ..lol. The “tour” ended in a chop chop 45 mins and by that time, we were already sweating profusely. Quite a good trip which enriched my knowledge on chemicals processes and the things involved in such manufacturing company.

0 comments: